Comment on page
Zero will be deployed in four core releases, Serenity, Symmetry, Asymmetry, and Time, followed by a bonus release, Space. These releases will be rolled out in succession between the end of 2020 and beginning of 2024.
Zero Core Releases
Releases one through four will focus on deploying the core components of the Zero Stack and moving successively towards increased community-based governance, until the entire Zero Stack and associated Networks reach full-decentralization.
Zero’s first public release, Serenity, will be deployed on November third, 2020 and include the deployment of the following core components of the Zero Stack:
- 1.The Zero Web application.
- 2.The Zero Token System and Infinity Token, as outlined in Section 4.2.1 and 4.2.4, respectively.
- 3.Trinity, as outlined in Section 4.3.12 and 5.0.
- 4.The Zero Name Service, as outlined in Section 4.3.1.
- 5.The initial peer-to-peer version of ‘the ZeroSphere’, Zero’s public social network.
- 6.Zero Desktop for Mac, Windows, and Linux.
- 7.Zero Mobile for iPhone.
- 8.The launch of the zer0.io public website, which will include the ability to purchase Infinity, see network stats, register ZNS names, and launch Zero Networks and Tokens.
All source-code as part of this release will be open-sourced under the InnerSource license and be publicly available on GitHub.
Zero’s second public release, Symmetry, will include:
- 1.zDAO, Zero’s DAO-based governance system, and Tasks, as outlined in Section 4.3.2, and Section 4.3.10.
- 2.Trinity, Zero’s constitutional governance framework and set of DAOs, as outlined in Section 4.3.12 and Appendix C.
- 3.Zero Mobile for Android.
Zero’s third release, Asymmetry, will include:
- 1.The production deployment of zChain (as outlined in Section 4.1.4), for both the ZeroSphere and Zero Networks.
- 2.The Creditor, Credits/CRED Token and Credit DAO, as outlined in Section 4.2.6, 4.2.6, 4.3.3, respectively.
- 3.The Reputation System, as outlined in Section 4.3.11.
Zero’s fourth release, Time, will include:
- 1.Zero Developer SDK and App Store, as outlined in Section 4.1.9.
- 2.Dyno System, as outlined in Section 4.1.10.
Zero’s final release, Space (or ‘zSpace’), will be the release of a persistent, photorealistic and distributed virtual world. zSpace has been in prototype development in Unreal Engine and will operate entirely through the use of virtual world dynos that are operated by the community within the Zero Grid. zSpace represents the underlying concepts of Zero, such as networks, worlds and universes, in immersive virtual space, that serves a higher fidelity extension of the Zero Member interface.